Thursday, October 12, 2006

FREE - K12 Online Conference 2006

Don't let the word "free" throw you. Free doesn't mean it's worthless! Although this online conference won't cost you a penny, it's worth "it." (Whatever "it" is for you.) Not only is it worth a million dollars (tax $$, at that), but it is worth your time - a much more valuable commodity. This is a wonderful example of open content and open resource - kind of what the Web 2.0 is all about. These folks are walking their talk and talking their walk.

Do some investigating. I insist
Go to the website K12 Online Conference 2006.
Listen to a podcast about it: Open Content, Open Conference by Wesley Fryer on the School Library Journal website.

I went to a VERY worthwhile conference last summer that featured most of the geniouses featured in (and running) this free online conference. I traveled by plane, gave up weekends, stayed in a hotel, rode busses (w/o air conditioning) and all the junk that goes along with going to conferences. I suffered! I suffered in order to tell you that this is worth your time and is presented to you as the best possible senario - it's free, it's online, and it's at your convenience. I plan on "being there." Why wouldn't I - it's free.

I'm just sayin'
Lee Anne



Technorati Tags:

No comments: