Last summer we had long, long waiting lists for any class that had the word "SMART" in it. After that, we threatened to put SMART in the title of all our classes, such as SMART Blogs, SMART Ed Tech . . . you get the idea. But we didn't. Instread, we scheduled all the SMART classes we could squeeze into the summer. You should be able to find something SMART related scheduled almost every day.
We have some great new classes. The newer classes are always the more popular and fill up the fastest. Here's what is new or changed for the summer:
- Ed Tech 1 - has been shortened to one day - previously, two days
- Ed Tech 2 - this a gizmo and gadget basic, introductory course -projectors, scanners, etc.
- Podcasting 2 - finally! We go in elbow deep with Audacity and audio production
- Google Workshop for Teachers - tie together the many Google tools to may them work for you and your students.
- Grant Writing for Teachers - short course, tips, tricks, and resources.
- Cyberbullying - we've shortened this to 3 hours.
- Intro to Camtasia - screencasting tool. If you teach online - take this class.
- Computer's Don't Byte - get down to the basics, file management, bits and parts, etc.
- SMART Subject Specific Workshops: science, math, language arts, early childhood, social science
So, here's how you can find out more information and get enrolled.
- List of classes: http://eighthfloor.org/class.html
- PDF with course descriptons: http://eighthfloor.org/enewsletters/Eighth%20Floor%20Summer%202010%20Course%20Schedule.pdf
- You can also subscribe to the Eighth Floor Google Calendar: http://eighthfloor.org/class.html
If you have questions about enrollment proceedures, please feel free to contact your advisory committee representative or Norma Newman, 918-828-5341.Hope to see you on the Eighth Floor this summer!!